We closed out the year with the conclusion of Phase Two of our Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) summer outreach. A series of 15 presentations were given to municipalities all over Broward over the course of 10 weeks. These presentations were essential to rolling out the MTP because we value the feedback from Broward residents, and strive to inform as many residents as we can to increase understanding of what we do, and how it affects them. Following Phase Two outreach, the Commitment 2045 MTP was approved by our Board on Thursday, December 12, 2019.
Public outreach is an ongoing part of the MTP and will continue throughout the planning process. Our team presented to the following communities to reach the public in Summer 2019. Between July 18, 2019 and September 26, 2019, the Broward MPO team reached out to the following communities:
- FIU Metropolitan Center Breakfact Forum- July 18, 2019 at 8:30 a.m., FIU at I-75 (1930 SW 145 Avenue, Miramar, FL 33027)
- WTS Lunch and General Meeting- July 25, 2019, 12:00 p.m.,Broward MPO Office (100 West Cypress Creek Road, 6th floor, Suite 650 Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33309)
- Margate Night Out for Safety- August 6, 2019, 6:00 p.m., Margate Police Department (5790 Margate Boulevard Margate, Fl 33063)
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance Meeting- August 8, 2019, 8:30 a.m., Sheraton Suite Fort Lauderdale/Plantation (311 N University Drive Plantation, FL 33324)
- Urban League of Broward County Young Professionals- August 14, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Urban League of Broward (11 NW 36th Avenue Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311)
- Broward County Commission Workshop Presentation- August 26, 2019, 12:00 p.m., Broward County Government Center East (100 West Cypress Creek Road, 6th floor, Suite 650 Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33309)
- Broward League of Cities Meeting- September 5, 2019, 12:00 p.m., Cooper City City Hall (9090 SW 50th Place Cooper City, Fl 33328)
- Broward Sierra Club Meeting- September 5, 2019, 7:30 p.m., Fern Forest Nature Center (201 S Lyons Road Coconut Creek, Fl 33063)
- Eastgate HOA Meeting- September 12, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Lauderdale Lakes Educational and Cultural Center (3058 W Oakland Park Blvd Lauderdale Lakes, FL)
- Hollywood Hills COA Board of Directors- September 17 2019, 7:00 p.m., David Park Community Center (108 NW 33rd Ct Hollywood, FL 33021)
- Plantation Acres HOA General Meeting- September 17, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Volunteer Park (12050 W Sunrise Blvd Plantation, FL 33323)
- Oriole Estates HOA Meeting- September 19, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Vincent Torres Memorial Park (4331 NW 36th Street Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319)
- Hollywood Hills COA General Members Meeting- September 18, 2019, 7:00 p.m., David Park Community Center (12050 W Sunrise Blvd Plantation, FL 33323)
- Palm Beach County League of Cities Meeting- September 25, 2019, 12:00 p.m., Lake Worth Beach Park (10 S Ocean Blvd, Lake Worth, FL 33460)
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce Meeting- September, 2019, Tower Club (100 SE Third Ave Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33394)
- E-Townhall- November 13, 2019, 7:00 p.m., Broward MPO Office (100 W Cypress Creek Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33309)
For more information on the MTP outreach efforts and what it means for you and your community, visit https://www.browardmpo.org/index.php/mtp-get-involved.
To view the adopted Commitment 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan, visit https://www.browardmpo.org/images/WhatWeDo/2045_MTP/MTP_Final_Report_121219.pdf
For More Information
Please contact Hannah Bourgeois at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 876-0053 to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.