The Broward MPO's Strategic Business Plan is an action-oriented strategy to guide the Broward MPO over the next five years. It will increase the MPO's leadership role to create positive transformation. The Broward MPO developed the Strategic Business Plan to address the current economic climate and the rapid pace of change in society and technology.
The Broward MPO conducted a Board Engagement Forum on January 9, 2020 that focused on updates to the Strategic Business Plan, the MPO’s potential role with regard to smart technologies/solutions, and featured presentations on several regional transportation “hot topics.” The feedback received at the Forum has been incorporated into the update of the Strategic Business Plan, which will be brought to the MPO Board for approval on May 14, 2020. Some of the highlights of the updated Plan include:
- An “Achievement Framework” to highlight opportunities for future MPO growth (i.e. Smart Cities, in-house project delivery, linking affordable housing to transportation)
- New two and five-year success markers focused on the implementation of the new funding programs adopted as part of the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) and developing processes to enable the MPO to respond to emerging issues such as resiliency, smart cities, and automated/connected vehicles.
- A “Strategic Framework” for adapting to emerging issues to help determine whether an emerging issue aligns with the MPO’s work, and if so, how the MPO might manage or mitigate it as an organization.
Transportation Planning Guidebook
As part of the MPO's mission to collaboratively plan, prioritize and fund the delivery of diverse transportation options, the Broward MPO has produced the Transportation Planning Guidebook. The intent of the Guidebook is to assist member governments in working with the MPO to develop potential projects that may be used to leverage federal and state funds for infrastructure investment opportunities. The Guidebook document has two sections, separating the process of developing a defensible, validated transportation plan from the section that focuses on methods to develop well-planned individual projects.
Previous Strategic Business Plan Documents
- 2017 Strategic Business Plan (adopted May 11, 2017)
- 2015 Strategic Business Plan (adopted April 9, 2015)
Strategic Advisory Committees (2015)
In order to implement the MPO’s 2015 Strategic Business Plan, five committees were established related to the strategic directions identified. MPO Board members were asked to volunteer for one or more of the committees to guide staff on various initiatives and actions that would help achieve the various goals and objectives related to the strategic directions.
October 8, 2015
April 14, 2016
October 13, 2016
Education/Development Advisory Committee Deliverables
November 12, 2015
May 12, 2016
November 10, 2016 (Rescheduled to November 28, 2016)
Revenue and Funding Advisory Committee Deliverables
February 11, 2016
July 14, 2016
For More Information
Please contact Carl Ema at (954) 876-0052 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.