Hollywood Boulevard Groundbreaking Event
The Hollywood Boulevard Complete Streets Project in Hollywood Boulevard from City Hall to Dixie Highway added a bike lane, wider sidewalks, new lighting, drainage improvements, and a center refuge median to provide better access and comfort for all users of the road. MPO Board Chair and City of Hollywood Commissioner Richard Blattner spoke at the groundbreaking and praised the partnership that helped make this project a reality.
The Groundbreaking occured on June 27, 2017.
Sunset Strip Groundbreaking & Bike Ride
Our partners at the City of Sunrise held a ribbon cutting event for the NW 64 Avenue project. Did you know that the MPO contributed $1 Million federal dollars to this project? This project connects to the Sunset Strip Broward Complete Streets Demonstration Project! Some of the improvements include wider sidewalks, new & wider bike lanes and more.
This Ribbon Cutting was held on July 21, 2018.
Complete Streets Phase 1 Groundbreaking
As part of the Broward MPO’s commitment to creating safer, healthier streets, the Broward MPO celebrated the kick-off of implementation of over 120 million dollars in Bicycle and Pedestrian improvements programmed for construction in the next five years. This first phase of projects, located throughout the Broward region, reflect a continuing partnership between the Broward MPO, FDOT, Broward County Government and municipal governments. This memorable event took place in Hollywood on Tuesday, February 3, 2015. The Broward MPO was joined by more than 60 community leaders, residents, and members of the media.
- Mark Brown - Lauderdale by the Sea Commissioner
- Michael De Lucca - BRHPC CEO
- Walter Duke - Dania Beach Commissioner
- Diana Alarcon - Fort Lauderdale Transportation and Mobility Director
- Kevin Biederman - Hollywood Vice Mayor
- Peter Hernandez - Hollywood Commissioner
- Peter Bober - Hollywood Mayor
- Beverly Williams -Lauderdale Lakes Vice Mayor
- Yvette Colbourne - Miramar Vice Mayor
- Patricia Asseff - Hollywood Commissioner
- Richard Blattner - Hollywood Commissioner/Broward MPO Board Chair
- Gerry O'Reilly - FDOT Director of Transportation Development
- Gregory Stuart - Broward MPO Executive Director
- Richard Rosenzweig - Deerfield Commissioner (not pictured)
Please click here to view photos from event.
For More Information
Please contact Stephanie Garcia at (954) 876-0065 or email@example.com to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.