The MPO is Seeking Your Input on its 2017 Update to the DBE Program and Goal
As part of the required triennial update to the Broward MPO's Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program and Goal, the MPO is seeking public comment. The 30 day comment period begins on June 1 and will run through June 30, 2017. The proposed overall 2017 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) DBE goal is 7%.
- Please click here to download a fact sheet to learn more about the MPO's DBE Program - AVAILABLE SOON
- Please click here to download and review the program document, goal and methodology - AVAILABLE SOON
- Please click here to take a survey to provide feedback and help us assess our DBE Program - AVAILABLE SOON
- On June 22, 2017 at 2 p.m. the MPO will be hosting a webinar regarding the overall proposed DBE goal of 7%. It will also be an opportunity to learn more about the MPO. To sign up ahead of the webinar e-mail Christopher Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org and insert "DBE Webinar June 22" in the subject line.
- Please click here to join the webinar - AVAILABLE JUNE 22, 2017
- For comments, questions or for more information please contact Christopher Ryan at (954) 876-0036 or by e-mail at email@example.com
Title VI Program
Please click here to download the Broward MPO Title VI/Limited English Proficiency Program (LEP) October 2014 - 2017
Limited English Proficiency Plan (LEP) only click here
Letter of Concurrence from FTA - Dated 10-14-14 Valid until January 31, 2018
The Broward MPO assures that no person shall on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, family or religious status, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987 and the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992 be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination or retaliation under any program or activity.
For complaints, questions or concerns about civil rights or nondiscrimination; or for special requests under the American with Disabilities Act, please contact: Christopher Ryan, Public Information Officer/Title VI Coordinator at (954) 876-0036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability or family status. Persons who require special accommodations under the American with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Christopher Ryan, Public Information Officer/Title VI Coordinator at (954) 876-0033 or 0036 or email@example.com at least seven days prior to the meeting. If hearing impaired, telephone (800) 273-7545 (TDD).
Se solicita la participación del público sin importar la raza, el color, la nacionalidad, laedad, el género, la religión, la discapacidad o la situación familiar. Las personas querequieran acomodaciones especiales conforme a la Ley de Americanos conDiscapacidades o las personas que requieran servicios de traducción (gratuitos) debencomunicarse con Christopher Ryan, Agente de Información Pública/ Coordinador de Título VI al (954) 876-0033 ó 0036 firstname.lastname@example.org al menos siete días antes de la reunión. Las personas con deficiencias auditivas deben llamar al (800) 273-7545 (TDD).
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
CLICK HERE to download the Broward MPO Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) Program July 2014 (2014 through 2017)
It is Broward MPO’s policy to encourage all qualified businesses to actively participate in the procurement of all Broward MPO-sponsored contracts. The Broward MPO does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, military status or disability. The Broward MPO has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT), 49 CFR, Part 26 (as it may be amended from time to time). You are encouraged to comment on the current DBE Program.
DBE Program Description
It is the Broward MPO’s policy to ensure that disadvantaged (DBE) and small (SBE) businesses, as defined in Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in USDOT-assisted contracts. It is also the Broward MPO’s policy to:
- Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of USDOT-assisted contracts;
- Create a level playing field on which DBE/SBEs can compete fairly for USDOT-assisted contracts;
- Ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
- Ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR, Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
- Help remove barriers to the participation of DBE/SBEs in USDOT-assisted contracts; and
- Assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the market place outside the DBE Program.
The Broward MPO's current DBE participation goal is for 8.0% of federal funds for FTA projects (as of July 2014 through 2017) and 9.91% for FDOT's FHWA assisted contracts.
Qualified DBE’s may be found through the DBE Directories of the Florida Department of Transportation
Where to Become a DBE
Broward MPO does not certify DBEs. You may become a certified DBE by completing a DBE application from the following sites:
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Equal Opportunity Office
- Broward County Office of Small Business Development
For More Information
Please contact Christopher Ryan at (954) 876-0036 or email@example.com to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.