The Downtown Fort Lauderdale Mobility Hub is the first Hub that the Broward MPO has programmed for infrastructure improvements. This Mobility Hub is centrally located in an area that is actively redeveloping because of its close proximity to the downtown business district and government centers.
The Downtown Mobility Hub will be a multi-block area that will connect various transportation choices including:
- Brightline inter-city passenger rail between Downtown Miami and Orlando
- FEC commuter rail passenger rail service
- Regional express bus service
- Local bus service to points throughout Broward County
- Shuttle bus connections to Tri-Rail stations
- Sun Trolley community shuttle connections
The purpose of the Downtown Mobility Hub is to built upon the proposed transportation projects by creating infrastructure which is supportive of mixed-use development that emphasizes a pedestrian orientation while being consistent with the City of Fort Lauderdale’s vision for the Downtown area.