The Cypress Creek Mobility Hub is the second largest commercial district in Broward County, and home to a Tri-Rail Station, Tri-Rail shuttles, Broward County Transit bus service, and easy access to I-95. The Broward MPO, in partnership with the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA) who operate Tri-Rail, Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), Broward County, City of Fort Lauderdale and City of Oakland Park are looking to identify infrastructure improvements and joint development opportunities in the area of the Cypress Creek Mobility Hub. The goal of this hub is to plan efficient transportation connections that will spur continued growth and development, enhance walkability, and promote the use of multiple modes of transportation within this Mobility Hub.
The Cypress Creek Mobility Hub Master Plan will identify privately funded development opportunities and infrastructure improvements within the mobility hub, including:
- Development opportunities on publicly owned land
- Improved access to the Tri-Rail station for all transportation modes
- Enhanced pedestrian connections
- Improved bus circulation and access
- Improved connection to the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
- Evaluation of enhanced Broward County Transit, Tri-Rail Shuttle service, and Express Buses
- Evaluation of public parking needs within the study area.
- Evaluation of Complete Streets implementation within the study area.
- Traffic synchronization
Technical Memorandum #1- Existing Conditions
Technical Memorandum #2- Core Document for Future RFP/RFQ
Technical Memoradum #3- Development Strategies
Market Study / Economic Analysis Report