Mobility Hubs are a transit access point with frequent transit service, high development potential and a critical point for trip generation or transfers within the transit system.
The 2035 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) created and defined the ‘mobility hub’ concept based on a variety of land use and transit criteria.
The Hub concept has evolved as the Broward MPO has worked with partner agencies and local governments to design and implement the Hubs. There has been a greater focus on pedestrian and bicycle connections, secure and comfortable places to wait for transit, and safe and easy transfers between routes. These investments in public spaces provide the framework for private investment in places where people live, work and play.
The Broward MPO is currently in the process of updating the Mobility Hubs Program. The market analysis for Mobility Hubs, approach to defining locations and typologies of Hubs, and implementation program will be reexamined in order to better define locations for future Hubs.
As the Mobility Hubs continue to evolve they will still accomplish the MPO's three main goals:
- Maintain Infrastructure
- Achieve Level-of-Service (LOS) Standards on Existing Infrastructure
- Improve Accessibility for all (Regional) Users of the Transportation System
- Maximize Transit Ridership
- Maintain or Reduce Average Travel Time to Major Economic Centers of the Urban Area (Regional)
- Promote New Development
- Minimize the Overall Cost of Travel
- Maximize Private Investments in Transportation Service Provision
- Insure Transportation Benefits and Costs are Equitably Distributed throughout the Region
- Reduce Accidents, Injuries and Fatalities
- Promote Redevelopment and Infill
- Insure Projects include Appropriate Aesthetic Considerations in their Project Design
- Provide Options for Non-motorized Travel
- Promote Environmentally Sensitive Projects
For More Information
Please contact James Cromar at email@example.com or (954) 876-0038 to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.