Every four years the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) conduct a Federal Certification Review of the Broward MPO. The main purpose of the review is to certify that the Broward MPO is satisfactorily meeting the planning requirements as defined in Federal laws and regulations. This process also provides FHWA and FTA
the opportunity to add value to the Broward MPO's planning process through the sharing of best practices, techniques,
The last review took place on May 4 and 5, 2015.
- 2015 Federal Certification Review Report
- 2011 Federal Certification Review Report
- 2007 Federal Certification Review Report
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District Four conducts a standard annual State Certification Review of the Broward MPO.
- 2017 State Certification Review
- 2016 State Certification Review
- 2015 State Certification Review
- 2014 State Certification Review
- 2013 State Certification Review
- 2012 State Certification Review
- 2011 State Certification Review
The Broward MPO’s Federal Certification Review site visit was successfully completed on May 4 & 5, 2015. Thanks to all that participated! The MPO was officialy recertified on August 31, 2015. Click on the link below to read the certification letter.
- Broward MPO 2015 Federal Certification Letter
- For the full 2015 Certification Review Report CLICK HERE
The Federal team will submit and present a final report to the Board in the fall. To view photos from the certification see below.
- Monday, May 4 (8:30AM to 4:30PM) Public Meeting starts at 5PM, more details see below.
- Tuesday, May 5 (8:30AM to 3:30PM)
The Broward MPO is required to complete a Federal Certification Review conducted by our partners at the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) every four years. Below are the 2015 Federal Certification Review materials list.
- 2015 Federal Certification Response to Questions Booklet
- 2015 Federal Certification Exhibits and Attachments - see below
Each Exhibit and Attachment can be downloaded separately from this page. File too large to combine.
- 2015 Modified Joint State/MPO Review’s Response to the 2015 Federal Review Team’s Questions – June 24, 2015
A Public Meeting was held on Monday, May 4, 2015 from 5PM to 6PM - Thanks to those who participated.
- Public Meeting Notice
- Aviso de Reunión Pública
- Public Meeting Notice Distributed to Libraries
- Facebook Event Notification for Public Meeting
- Press Release 4-21-15
- Exhibit A Intergovernmental Coordination JPA
- Exhibit B Fare Interoperoperability Pilot Project Agreement
- Exhibit C FDOT Public Transportation JPA
- Exhibit D FDOT Transportation Planning Funds JPA
- Exhibit E FDOT Public Transportation JPA for Corridor Studies
- Exhibit F FDOT JPA Funding for SR7 Study
- Exhibit G Florida Transportation Disadvantaged Planning Grant Agreement
- Exhibit H FDOT JPA Education Corridor Transit Study
- Exhibit I Fort Lauderdale Agreement for MPO Transportation Planning Services
- Exhibit J Admin. Serv. Agreement MPO and SFRTA
- Exhibit K Executive Director Employment Agreement
- Exhibit L Executive Director Amended Employment Agreement
- Exhibit M MPO Legal Services Agreement
- Exhibit N MPO Office Lease Agreement
- Exhibit O Interlocal Agreement for Creation of Broward MPO
- Exhibit P Interlocal Agreement for Creation of SEFTC
- Exhibit Q MPO Organizational Chart
- Exhibit R MPO Board Voting Structure
- Exhibit S Rules of the Broward MPO
- Exhibit T Broward MPO Procurement Rules
- Exhibit U Broward MPO Personnel Manual
- Exhibit V Broward MPO Redesignation Approval Package
- Exhibit W Broward MPO Commitment 2040 LRTP
- Exhibit X Broward MPO Commitment 2040 LRTP
- Exhibit Y Broward MPO Transportation Improvement Program
- Exhibit Z Southeast Florida Regional Freight Plan
- Exhibit AA Broward MPO Public Participation Plan
- Exhibit BB Broward MPO Title VI Program
- Exhibit CC Miami Urbanized Area Map
- Exhibit DD Broward Urban Area Boundary Map
- Exhibit EE Broward MPO Continuity of Operations Plan
For More Information
Please contact Daniel Knickelbein at (954) 876-0053 or email@example.com to learn more about the Broward MPO and what they are working on in your community.